This page is purely the thoughts of the author(s). May this be a breeding ground for discussion, debate and new ideas.

Saturday, May 1, 2010

The Simply Sweet Absurd

(Munch, munch, munch.)
I hate my life.  (Munch.)
I can't stand my job. (Crunch.)
I hate that I can't stop eating.  (Aomm. Munch, crunch, munch.)

I feel unable to do anything that would give me pleasure.(Oo, a big chocolate covered nut. Numm.)
I am powerless to change anything for myself or to help people. (Smack the lips.)
I don't know what to do with my life, but sit here and eat at my desk at work. (Yummy.)

Could I change? (Inhaling a breath, pausing mid-crunch.)
What would I change and what would I change to?  (Takes hand out of bag of choco-snax to put a artificially sweet finger on the chin.)
I guess I could encourage others not to eat so much, and maybe talk about why we hate our jobs.

(looks down at the bag.)

Nah, I do that anyway.  How is that different than any other day?  (shoves a hand in the bag and takes out a palm full of snax.)

No comments:

Post a Comment